YVote works with emerging activists and leaders to build a youth voting and civic engagement movement. We are focused on making a positive difference in communities, at and beyond the ballot box, and strengthening voting rights and collective power.
Incoming YVoters will:
- Examine and discuss civic and political issues that matter most to you
- Craft school and community campaigns around youth voting and civic engagement
- Gain exposure to points of view and experiences different than your own
- Build relationships with peers through collective learning and growth
- Develop leadership, public speaking, and campaign organizing skills
- Receive a $500 stipend for engaged participation throughout the program (pro-rated for missed meetings)
Who Is YVote For?
High school students from a wide range of backgrounds who want to be thought-leaders and change-makers in your schools and communities. If you value learning, leadership, and active community participation, YVote Changemakers is for you!
When and Where Do We Meet?
YVote ChangeMakers will meet monthly via Zoom on Tuesdays, Oct 3, Nov 7, Dec 5, Jan 9, Feb 6, Mar 5, April 2, May 7, and June 4 from 5:30-7:30PM AND will meet IN PERSON once a month for Saturdays of Action on Saturdays, Oct 14, Nov 18, Dec 16 (holiday party!), Jan 20, Feb 10, Mar 9, April 13 and May 18 from 11-3PM.
Can I Be a Peer Leader to Facilitate Workshops?
For those who participated in YVote over the summer or last year and are interested in joining the leadership track, please reach out to us at [email protected].
Those interested in pursuing the Peer Leadership Track will also meet IN PERSON on Saturdays, Sept 30, Nov 4, Dec 2, Jan 6, Feb 3, Mar 2, April 6, May 1, and June 1 from 12-2PM (the cohort will vote!). Peer leaders receive an additional $250 for full participation.
How Do I Apply?
Apply at www.tinyurl.com/YVoteApp
If you have any questions, contact Sanda at [email protected]
I’m looking for the Next Gen Civic Fellowship application. Where can I find it?
I still have questions. Who do I reach out to?
Contact Sanda at [email protected]