You Gotta (Pre) Register, Vote, Get Your Friends to Vote, and Get Youth Across the City To Vote in this Year’s Unprecedented Municipal Election.
YVote is working with budding activists and leaders to continue to build a youth voting and civic engagement movement, focused on making a positive difference in communities, at and beyond the ballot box, and strengthening voting rights and collective power.
Incoming YVoters will:
- Participate in inquiry and dialogue about civic and political issues that matter most to you
- Craft school and community campaigns to increase youth voting and civic engagement
- Gain exposure to experiences and points of view different than your own
- Build relationships with peers you can learn and grow with
- Develop leadership and organizing skills
- Demonstrate commitment to learning, leadership, and active participation
- Receive a stipend for engaged participation
Who Is YVote For?
High school students with diverse backgrounds (racially, socioeconomically, politically) who want to be thought-leaders and change-makers in your schools and communities. Stipend of up to $75 per track for engaged participation.
When and Where Do We Meet?
There are two YVote tracks available this fall:
*Political Education and Advocacy, monthly on Tuesdays starting on Sept 21 from 5-7PM, with subsequent meetings on Tues, Oct 19, Nov 16, Dec 14, Jan 18, Feb 15, Mar 15, April 26, May 23, June 14
*Youth Organizing and Activism, monthly on Tuesdays starting on Oct 5 from 5-7PM with subsequent meetings on Tues, Nov 2, Dec 7, Jan 11, Feb 8, Mar 1, April 5, May 10, and June 7
The YVote Tuesday night tracks will meet on Zoom. There will be additional in person, optional-but-encouraged Afternoons of Actions throughout the year.
How Do I Apply?
Apply at www.tinyurl.com/YVoteApp ASAP.